I am personally a fan of terrariums for the following reasons:
– It’s a great way to add a cute piece to your apartment with pops of color
– Succulents are hard to kill
– Terrariums typically have a lid, which means my cat won’t eat the plants
I found a couple of really great posts online that show all the steps you can take to make a fun and efficient terrarium, see my attempt below.
Here is what I used as my supplies:
– Cactus, Palm Citrus Potting Mix (Lowe’s)
– Aquarium Gravel (Petco)
– Activated carbon to absorb moisture within the terrarium (Petco)
– Moss (Michaels craft store)
– Succulents (Lowes)
– Cool jar (my boyfriend knew about my terrarium dreams, so he got this one for me as a Christmas present)
So the process is pretty simple: rocks, carbon, moss, dirt, then plants
My cousin also came over to partake in the terrarium fun
So that is pretty much it!
When I was at Michaels picking up the moss, I saw this really cute gold charger and decided to place my terrarium on that to display on my coffee table.
One last photo because Renly was jealous and wanted to be in the shot
I hope you enjoyed this post! Cheers!